ResurFACE laser treatment
Voted the UK’s No.1 Aesthetic Treatment
Award- winning ResurFACE laser treatment is changing how people now perceive the visible effects of ageing (wrinkles) as well as the most common scarring (facial/acne) and stretch mark prone areas of the skin, with dramatic rejuvenation and skin resurfacing results.
- Stretch Marks – Unrivalled post-pregnancy & exercise-induced stretch marks solution with profound results; the perfect alternative to long-term topical agents
- Scarring – Dramatically smoothing and improving commonly scarred areas of the skin; providing excellent results on facial acne scarring
- Dramatic Rejuvenation – Minimising pigmentation and age spots as well as giving the skin a fresh and glowing appearance
- Resurfacing & Congestion – Helping tackle general congestion ‘lumps and bumps’ on the skin, resulting in a smooth and clear complexion
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles – The appearance of fine lines and wrinkles are reduced through stimulation of collagen production, plumping the skin and resulting in a natural youthful appearance
Prior to treatment you must first undergo a consultation where details about your medical history are obtained to confirm suitability. Before proceeding with treatment you will also be asked to complete a consent form.
Improvement is evident after the first session, but for optimum results 3 to 5 treatment sessions are often advised. Treatment is carried out every 2 to 6 weeks, depending upon the level of rejuvenation required
Skin redness, swelling and the bronzing appearance described above are all expected outcomes of treatment. Other adverse effects are rare but can include a small blister or temporary change to skin pigmentation, such as a darkening of the skin.
You will experience a mild sunburnt sensation for a few hours after treatment and the skin may be red for 1 to 2 days. This is a normal sign that the skin is healing at a deep level. Swelling is likely but minimal, and resolves in 2 to 3 days. As the healing process occurs, your skin may have a ‘bronzed’ appearance that lasts from 3 to 10 days, depending on the treatment level. Your skin will naturally exfoliate and may flake as if you had mild sunburn.
A warm, heating sensation is felt during treatment with some mild stinging. After treatment the skin can be quite hot and so cooling packs are often utilised to minimise discomfort.
The skin is cleansed and the handpiece is moved over the skin delivering tiny microscopic laser beams. Typically treatment time varies depending upon the skin condition and the area being treated, but will range from 10 to 40 minutes. After treatment the skin is cooled. Protective eye wear must be worn during treatment.
Minute sections of the skin are targeted with laser light, which penetrate into the tissue, causing small columns of thermal damage to stimulate significant collagen renewal. The surrounding non-affected areas of skin aid the body’s natural recovery process, for dramatic results without significant downtime.